Tech Evangelist - Idea Mart job from Dialog Axiata PLC in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Wednesday 22nd, April 2020
Group IT & IM: Ideamart
Ideamart is one of the largest telco developer ecosystems in the world that provide telco-based APIs and IoT platforms for the developers, non-developers and startups to build their own products and services. Ideamart has now expanded to other regions in the region. Purpose of a R n D Engineer is to setup, operationalize and maintain the sustainability of Ideamart operations at these respective regions and Evangelize those platforms to ensure the community is served well.
- Setting up and conduct meetings with International Operators in order to facilitate the process. Conduct necessary training sessions in order to transfer knowledge.
- Making aware of the legal / economical / cultural differences of the foreign country Ideamart team in order to better execute operations focused according to the market dynamics.
- Organize awareness sessions, outreach programs and hackathons in order to bring more innovative ideas and increase usage of Ideamart platform. Build relationships with the local developer communities, schools, universities and startups etc.
- Conduct social media-based activities to keep the non-customer community and other parties engaged with the brand in order to educate them about the platform and its capabilities.
- Identify potential Sri Lankan apps to be ported to relevant market in order to provide a multitude of applications for consumers in the respective market.
- Guide developers / non-developers from Ideation to product / service deployment using the platform capabilities in order to fast execution of go to market.
- Taking necessary actions to suspend / reject apps violating Ideamart T&C in order to mitigate fraudulent applications. Conduct random sanity checks of the applications in order to check the quality of the service.
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Management Information Systems / Business Information Systems or similar professional qualification
- 2 years minimum work experience in a related capacity.
- A certificate in Business Management is an added advantage.
- Ability to manage developer community and ability to code at an intermediary level.
- Exposure to new technologies. Knowledge about APIs and IoT.
- Public Speaking / Presentation skills /Negotiation skills.
Ability to manage developer community