SENIOR CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER job from Dialog Axiata PLC in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Saturday 2nd, May 2020
The position holder will have an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies. The position holder is expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, the position holder must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures and a subject matter expert using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, Web Application Firewall, EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response), PUM (Privilege Use Management), CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) and SIEM. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network.
- Operationalize security solutions handed over by design and architecture teams by implementing the same.
- sure all cyber security systems deployment issues are resolved as per TOR’s (Terms of Reference) HLD’s (High Level Designs) and LLD’s (low level designs)
- Assist line management in strategies on solutions and effectiveness of the production systems
- Reviewing information feeds & reports to ensure quality and accuracy of events triggered
- Responsible for troubleshooting any agent software issues from a network perspective.
- Work with other teams to configure security policies on systems.
- Monitor the Key risk indicators (KRI’s) Key Performance indicators (KPI’s) of security monitoring team performance.
- Assist in preparing RFP’s and product evaluations and recommendations on implementation of products and services for systems and network security.
- Research for new and improved solution that is cost effective and efficient for use in Dialog and share the knowledge with Axiata cyber security group.
- Tracks project activity and represents cyber security interests in ongoing projects .
- Escalates anomalies in security solution performance as per set guidelines and take appropriate actions to mitigate any incidents.
- Be a subject matter expert in the cross functional CIRT team
- Degree in Information security/ IT/Telecommunication from a recognised university/institute and minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar capacity
- Strong skills in blueteam activities preferabaly form a SOC environment and having hand on experience in conducting network-based threat and vulnerability assessments,
- Knowledge of perimeter security is an advantage for this position
- Information security related certifications and product specific certifications LPT, CHFI, CEH, CompTIA, ITIL and CCNA Cybercops, preferred
- Product specific certifications CCNA/CCNP, MCSE,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in cyber security incident management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of changing priorities
- Ability to evaluate and manage risk
- Ability to manage several unrelated efforts simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate resolutions of conflicting security and business objectives
- Strong understanding of information security concepts, threats, vulnerabilities and controls
- Real-world hands-on experience
- Unquestionable integrity
- Teamwork orientation
- Demonstrated perspective and good judgment
- Willingness to assume responsibility and ownership
- Personal initiative and strong personal work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Professional poise and presence
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in cyber security incident management
Personal initiative and strong personal work ethic
Strong understanding of information security concepts, threats, vulnerabilities and controls
Good relationship management skills
Excellent communication skills