Data Engineer - Octave job from John Keells Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Tuesday 16th, June 2020
The Data Engineers will work with the data engineering team to help develop high performance & high scalability enterprise applications. Working closely with more experienced data engineers, they will be learning how to build pipelines and manage data. They will also work with data scientists and business leadership to develop data pipelines for model development and productionalization. Their work will involve high level of interface with senior data engineers and the tech lead.
- Gather requirements, assess gaps and build roadmaps and architectures
- Work closely with Data Analysts to ensure data quality and availability for analytical modelling
- Work with data engineers and senior data engineers and learn how to explore suitable options, design, and create data pipelines (data lake / data warehouses) for specific analytical solutions
- Identify gaps and implement solutions for data security, quality and automation of processes
- Support maintenance, bug fixing and performance analysis along data pipeline
- Contribute to knowledge building and sharing by researching best practices, documenting solutions and continuously iterating on new ways to solve problems
Education + Technical skills / experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Basic knowledge of at least 1 programming language
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Azure or other leading cloud platforms
- Limited understanding of maintaining and configuring data engineering and ETL tools (e.g., Informatica, Azure Data Factory, SSIS)
Basic understanding of Microsoft Azure or other leading cloud platforms
Basic knowledge of at least 1 programming language