Digital Designer job from HSBC Bank in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Saturday 31st, July 2021
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions. Global Publishing Services (GPS) is the HSBC Group's publishing centre of excellence specialising in web content management, design execution, document formatting and digitisation. We are located in Sri Lanka, Philippines, Egypt and China.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of
The Digital Designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact; providing a range of design, layout and production services for output in print, web, interactive, video and presentation materials that fit project requirements; adhering to content and design guidelines; and contributing to the strategic and creative execution of communications.
- Post-secondary education either at degree level or a relevant professional diploma or certificate
- 3-5 years of experience in a design agency environment or other similar industry is preferable
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications
- Web experience: Working knowledge of HTML 5 , CSS, and web design principles is a plus
- Video content experience: Familiarity with video content creation; storyboarding, editing, animation, and post production using Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects or similar applications is preferable
- Interaction design: Experience in emerging interaction technologies such as VR and AR is a plus
- User-centric/Customer-centric design theory: Experience with user research, rapid prototyping, information architecture, user stories and persona writing is a plus
- Print production: Strong knowledge of print production and colour separation
- Concise: Strong focus on simplicity vs complexity in both communicating and translating briefs into designs
- Strong stakeholder management, excellent presentation, negotiation, English verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain composure and professionalism in a fast-paced work atmosphere
- Available to work overtime on weeknights and weekends if necessary
- Flexibility to work different shifts when necessary
- Present solid creative concepts, excellent design, and skilled execution for all forms of communications based on strategic creative briefs
- Produce work in accordance with department guidelines, compliance regulations, policies and procedures regarding content and design by understanding and applying them correctly
- Understand marketing objectives and directives; carry out research and identify potential problems
- Clearly communicate creative recommendations and point of view to both colleagues and business partners
- Possess excellent design skills, understand creative integrity, reinforce brand at every point of contact
- Possess knowledge and application of design theory
- Work collaboratively with other members of Creative Services as well as business partners to find optimal solutions for final material, reviewing work, seeking advice from Art Directors as necessary
- Act as a primary day-to-day contact for business partners on assigned design projects by taking ownership
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role." Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
excellent presentation, negotiation Skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English