Business Development Associates (Credit Cards & Personal Loans) job from HSBC Bank in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Wednesday 9th, June 2021
Business Development Associates (Credit Cards & Personal Loans)
Sales, Distribution, and Business Development play a pivotal role in understanding and meeting customer needs by offering the right solutions through the right channels to the right customer segments. The team is responsible for implementing distribution strategy, driving the delivery of market-leading retail customer experiences, and thereby maximizing customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking ambitious individuals to join our Sales team in Colombo in the role of Business Development Associate/ Senior Retail Sales Associate.
When you join HSBC, you’ll enjoy a supportive culture and have access to employee benefits such as:
- Learning support for acquiring skills related to the job
- Progressive career advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to work in a diversified and flexible work culture
- An attractive basic salary and a quarterly incentive scheme
- Medical insurance coverage and work-life coaching for you and your immediate family
What will you be doing as a Business Development Associate?
Contributing to the Retail Banking & Wealth Management business by:
- Working with Sales Managers to plan daily/weekly/monthly sales activities in line with agreed sales plan and overall sales strategy
- Consistently achieving the individual sales plan
- Updating and maintaining an accurate record of all sales activities in a timely manner
- Building relationship with key and top corporates to explore business opportunities and cater to their banking needs
Adopting a needs-based selling approach by:
- Building a rapport and establishing customer needs
- Identifying and matching customers’ financial needs to the retail banking solution
- Consistently following-up and following-through on customer’s application within the stipulated timelines
Complying with the code of sales ethics and professional conduct by:
- Maintaining professional and fair conduct in all dealings with customers and other stakeholders at all times
- Meeting and upholding requirements of Sales Quality Standards
- Maintaining absolute confidentiality with regard to customer information
To be successful in this role, you will need the following
- One year of work experience in a related industry is preferred
- Successful completion of GCE O/L and/or GCE A/L Examinations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for delivering superior sales and customer service
- A professional, goal-oriented and innovative approach, with strong organizational skills
Please be aware that job offers have been made by unauthorized persons claiming to represent HSBC via, including but not limited to, e-mails or social networking services. They would typically purport to offer a position at HSBC in return for a fee and/or payment. If you receive such a message or an offer, please do not respond or share any personal information and refrain from making any payments. In case of doubt and to confirm the authenticity of any job openings at HSBC.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview within two weeks from the closing date of this advert. Interviews will be conducted online.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working, and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited – Sri Lanka is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
strong organizational skills
Learning support for acquiring skills
Strong communication and interpersonal skills