Senior Software Engineer job from ICT Agency of Sri Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 16th, July 2021
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Serve as a core member of a small agile team that leads requirements analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to develop, launch and support new/existing solutions that solves national level problems.
- Responsible for the applications development and support, work/coordinate with other architects, technical leads,, engineers and other third party stakeholders as necessary.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technology to solve problems in a matrix environment where applicable.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Writing unit tests, automation, and conduct code reviews and testing.
- Develop and maintain complex frontends with a focus on user experience and supporting backend software systems.
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure on our private government cloud infrastructure.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for live systems as required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, IT or equivalent qualifications related to the field from a recognized university/institution.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Exposure to microservices architecture, RESTful APIs, and experience with Spring boot.
- Experience building solutions for a cloud platform (like AWS, Azure or GCP) will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with containerization using Docker.
- Experience in automation (Infrastructure-as-Code, Configuration-as-Code) will be an advantage.
- Technologies like Node.js will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Python, and Golang will be advantageous.
- Understanding of software development within the Agile process.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
Strong communication skills