JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER job from Wiley Global Technology (Pvt) Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Sunday 21st, February 2021
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Java Software Engineer Job Opening at Wiley
We develop digital education, learning, assessment, and certification solutions to help universities, businesses, and individuals move between education and employment and achieve their ambitions. By partnering with learned societies, we support researchers to communicate discoveries that make a difference. Our online scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, books and other digital content build on a 200-year heritage of quality publishing.
Whether you are just starting out or looking to build on an already successful career, Wiley is always looking for talented, qualified people to join our global team. Our unique culture is distinguished by a collaborative environment that supports open dialogue, candid feedback and enduring relationships. We treat each other with dignity and respect — as human beings first and professionals second.
We are looking for Java Engineers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience to join our exciting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on development position where you will be responsible for the development of Wiley’s Research, Education and Corporate Learning platforms. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of Java and related frameworks to work closely with architects, engineers and product owners to create complex applications. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas.
- Lead the design, development, testing and support of web-based applications and API development using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, REST APIs and micro services-oriented architecture.
- Follow Agile and DevOps methodology with total ownership- you build it, run it, break it and fix it.
- Actively participate in the code review process.
- Work with technical and business teams to analyze and elaborate on requirements and perform impact analysis.
- Explore the latest relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies and processes.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- Solid experience in developing applications using Java, Spring, Spring Boot and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- In-depth understanding of Java fundamentals and related frameworks, RESTful application development and methodologies such as reactive programming.
- Proven history with software and system architecture, microservices architecture and AWS cloud technologies.
- Strong background of designing, architecting and developing high-end/customer-facing online platforms.
- Understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
- Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.
- Experience on IDAM technologies with Keycloak and RHSSO would be advantageous.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.
Strong background of designing, architecting and developing high-end/customer-facing online platforms.
Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.