SENIOR MANAGER - GROUP CORPORATE SERVICES job from Dialog Axiata PLC in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Saturday 2nd, May 2020
- Facilitate the smooth operation of Board meetings for Dialog and its subsidiaries and associate companies through careful planning and attention to detail and ensuring that Board meetings are held in compliance with the Articles of Association and other applicable rules.
- Ensure that minutes are taken down at meetings and drafted in accordance with the agreed timelines, standards and guidelines.
- Establish, implement and monitor the annual compliance plan to ensure compliance with the requirements of Companies Act, its respective Articles of Association and any other relevant legislation or regulations, including the Listing requirements of the Stock Exchange, requirements of the Securities & Exchange Commission and the Bursa Malaysia applicable to the parent companies, Dialog Axiata PLC and Axiata Group Bhd respectively.
- Ensure that the statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretary, company charges, directors’ interests in shares and contracts and all such other registers are regularly updated and maintained.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and review, analyze and prepare reports and recommendations on such changes.
- Carrying out ad hoc or special projects and corporate actions such as acquisitions, mergers, incorporations, winding up etc., as and when required to address the project requirements.
- Ensure that newly-appointed directors go through a proper induction and training, and also receive any information which they request legitimately for better understanding the past and current status of the Company.
- Advise and assist officers with their statutory and regulatory responsibilities and obligations in order to ensure proper compliance and obtaining the necessary information from the officer needed for compliance.
- Ensuring the systematic, well indexed maintenance of corporate records as required by law and/or Rules and Regulations with specific reference to the Annuals Reports and other Shareholder communication, Dividend payment records, correspondence with statutory and regulatory Authorities etc.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as the Stock Exchange, Department of Inland Revenue, Board of Investment of Sri Lanka, Central Bank of Sri Lanka, Registrar-General of Companies, lawyers and auditors.
- Attorney-at-Law or Chartered Secretary
- Minimum of 8 years post-qualifying experience in company secretarial work preferably in a corporate environment.
- Experience of working in a regulated or listed environment is desirable
- Thorough knowledge of the Companies Act, Listing Rules and other relevant Acts and regulations
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Excellent minute writing /report writing skills
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Articulate and a meticulous
- Good organizational and time management skills
Excellent command of both written and spoken English
Good organizational and time management skills
Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
High level of interpersonal and leadership skills
Excellent minute writing /report writing skills