Program manager - Social Impact, Communications, Policy, Legal job from UBER in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Monday 5th, July 2021
About The Role
Program Managers are the owners of team productivity. We promote visibility and alignment through effective communication, bring efficiency and results through continuous improvement and problem solving, and foster collaboration and teamwork.
You will act as the main cross-team point of contact for all of Uber Eats SL Social Impact, Policy, Legal and Communications initiatives and requirements, constantly enforcing our internal process in order to ensure projects are strategically cohesive across these pillars, including all the right stakeholders, go through all project stages needed, get to market on time and with high-quality deliverables.
To succeed as a Program Manager, you need the ability to multitask, plan, organize and collaborate. Program managers juggle a wide variety of requests with competing deadlines and limited resources. Strong decision-making and prioritization are essential to make sure everything runs smoothly, and Program Managers need to be as organized as possible to schedule, monitor and adjust deadlines and resources as needed.
This position also requires significant collaboration, and Program Managers should have excellent stakeholder management skills. They need to know how to clarify decision accountability and effectively communicate requests and assignments, which includes getting team members to meet deadlines and following up when they don’t, pushing back when unrealistic requests are made and making sure everyone is overall satisfied with the project progress.
What You'll Need
- A passion for influencing strategic initiatives for the betterment of communities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and demonstrated ability to influence and gain consensus at senior levels, and explain complex concepts in simple, layman's terms.
- A self-starter who can work proactively and independently to solve problems, overcome obstacles and execute. Things change fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable, resilient and calm under pressure.
- A superb planner with excellent organization skills who can distil complex project timelines into simple calendars.
- A great communicator who can articulate not just what's happening but why it matters.
- A great listener who's always on the lookout for feedback.
- A team player who enjoys working with others to get stuff done.
- Great instincts to tell what's really important and meaningful from what's just noise.
- Experience working in a large, complex, fast-moving organization.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Proven project management experience.
- A background in Public Policy, Law or International relations.
- Fluent in Sinhala and English.
- Proficiency in G Suite products (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc)
- Proficiency in Smartsheet or a similar project management tool is absolutely necessary.
- Additional skills required include time management, an eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
What You"ll Do
- Partner with stakeholders in-country, regional and global teams to identify and prioritise programs that will help shape the Uber Eats Sri Lanka organisation.
- Establish a culture of collaboration and execution excellence ensuring the team consistently operates at the highest program management standards.
- Rigorously prioritise the most impactful initiatives and drive accountability by measuring impact and KPIs.
- Implement mechanisms to track and evaluate success, processes and reporting to facilitate continuous process improvements.
- Identify gaps and opportunities, and influence operations roadmaps.
- Build effective ways to engage with a wide and diverse group of stakeholders ensuring to gather their input, take them on the journey, and get their buy-in for your team’s roadmap.
- Create high impact materials for any audience, in Google Slides and Google Sheets, reducing complex or complicated information into concise messages and using knowledge of stakeholders’ agendas to ensure maximum engagement.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Fluent in Sinhala and English.
Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
A superb planner with excellent organization skills