VMWare Administrator job from Virnirma Consulting Pvt Ltd. in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Thursday 17th, June 2021
VINIRMA Consulting Pvt. Ltd. is a 360° Human Resource Management Consulting and Staffing Services Organization.
VINIRMA Consulting is currently looking for VMWare Administrator for one of its clients which is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services Company in Qatar with the following skillsets and terms & conditions.
Qualification & Experince:
• B.S. Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field.
• 10+ years of VMware ESXi experience; experience with ESX 6.x,7.X preferred.
• VMware Certified Professional – VCP certification.
• Knowledge of and experience with VMware vSphere, vRealize Operations, vCloud Director, vCloud Availability, vCenter Converter (P2V migrations).
• Expert knowledge of vSphere components such as vCSA, PSC, and ESXi.
• Expert knowledge of technologies such as vMotion, HA, DRS/SDRS, VDS, Affinity rules, storage vMotion, vSphere Replication, iSCSI, NFS, and SAN.
• Ability to automate tasks and procedures with scripting tools such as PowerCLI.
• Experience implementing and operating VMware NSX-V to support a multi-site vCloud Director environment.
• Ability to harden VMware environments preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of Backup & Replication.
• Basic understanding of Windows Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, Domain Controllers, Exchange Mail System.
• Basic Understanding of Linux OS.
• Troubleshooting knowledge of hardware – Cisco HX / UC.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work on Problem, incident and change management.
• Optimizing the virtual infrastructure by providing health check reports.
• Monitor, troubleshoot and capacity planning of vSphere environment.
• Perform health check Fix issues in the environment daily.
• Administration of vCenter server, ESXi servers, NSX, vCloud director and virtual machines.
• Strong Knowledge of vCenter HA, vSphere HA ,DRS, SRM ,FT.
• Ensure virtual machines are available to the application owners with no downtime 24/7.
• Build, Deploy and configure VMs and templates as per project requirements.
• Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, and 2012 as well as Linux servers from VMware and Hardware
Installation of vCenter servers, ESXi Host, Distributed switch and Clusters.
• Upgrading ESXi host & VMs using update manager and from CLI.
• Applying patches and drivers using update manager and from CLI,Creating standard and Distributed switch as per the project.
• Managing Portgroups and network Policy as per the project design.
• Design uplink connectivity and failover as per the network design.
• Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network.
• Developing, maintaining, and supporting networks in NSX.
• Creating and administrating Segments, Preparing ESXi host, VXLAN for NSX.
• Creating and administrating Logical switches, DLR,ESG.
• Configuring and monitoring network security layers.
• Improving network manageability and scalability.
• Responsible for development of a VMware vCloud Director based Infrastructure as a Services (IaaS).
• Prepares design documentation covering the compute, network and storage infrastructure on which the vCD solution will be built.
• Supports the building of a systems administration and operations support capability for the new vCD based solution.
• Backing up Virtual machines via Veeam Backup solution.
• Creating Jobs and restoring jobs in Veeam as per the request.
• Trouble shooting Veeam backup jobs.
• Configuring Veeam Proxy and Repository servers.
• Monitoring ESXi hosts and VMs using VRealize Operations Manager.
• Reclaim or Add VM resources as per vRops recommendations.
• Optimization of VMware environment using vRops analysis.
• Adding management packs for third party components in vRops.
• Creating dashboard and report for each project.
• Maintain Cisco UCS Hardware – Fabric Interconnect configurations – Add new Physical server / New VLAN etc.
• Align with Cisco support for any Cisco hardware replacement.
• Create and Maintain infrastructure documentation as per each projects.
• Configuration and management of vCenter Servers.
• Configuration and management of ESXi 6.X/7.X Servers.
• Configuration and management of vCloud NFV Components.
• Configuration and management of NSX components.
• Configuration and management of VMware vRops (Operation manager)
• Configuration and management of Veeam Backup & Replication solution.
• Configuration and management of CISCO HX/UCS & HP Servers.
• Basic troubleshooting of Windows AD, Exchange, File Server.
• Basic troubleshooting of Redhat Linux OS.
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at [email protected]
VMware ESXi, vCSA