Software Engineer job from ICT Agency of Sri Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 16th, July 2021
- Serve as a core full stack engineer in a small agile team that leads requirements analysis/elaboration, design, development and testing of our software platform.
- Design and develop core software solutions and services that scale to millions of users in a highly available manner.
- Follow DevOps engineering principles for CI/CD in all stages of development.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering organization to develop, launch and support new/existing solutions that fulfill national level needs.
- Responsible for coordinating engineering work with many other Government and third party stakeholders as necessary.
- Identifying opportunities to solve problems creatively using technologies.
- Maintain high engineering standards.
- Write unit tests, frontend automation, and conduct code reviews.
- Develop and maintain complex frontend applications with a focus on user experience and supporting backend software systems.
- Deploy applications in our state of the art private government cloud infrastructure (Lanka Government Cloud).
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for live systems as required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, IT or equivalent qualifications related to the field from a recognized university/institution.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Exposure to microservices architecture, RESTful APIs, and experience with Spring boot.
- Experience building solutions for a cloud platform (like AWS, Azure or GCP) will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with containerization using Docker.
- software platforms and digital infrastructure which serve hundreds
- Experience in automation (Infrastructure-as-Code, Configuration-as-Code) will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Python, and Golang will be advantageous.
- Understanding of software development within the Agile process.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
Familiarity with Python, and Golang
Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.