Cloud Delivery Manager job from John Keells Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Thursday 21st, May 2020
- Work with the technology team to develop data architecture and engineering components
- Manage usage of Azure cloud data services such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks etc.
- Manage delivery of technology projects in partnership with business, IT and analytics teams
- Be the central custodian for data platform practices on aspects such as access controls, cost controls.
- Plan, communicate and action implementation requests on data lake platform and maintain a feature backlog. Structure, problem solve and prioritize technical features within backlog.
- Develop project schedules and coordinate status meetings throughout the project life cycle (Development, testing and deployment)
- Identify new technology opportunities in the organizational value chain to ensure scale of platform consumption
- Drive continuous improvement of data platform
Ideal candidate should:
- Real-world experience in using Microsoft Azure
- Experience with managing teams using agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban
- 4+ years of experience on data and cloud engineering projects
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL with RDBMSs like MS SQL Server, Oracle in production environments
- Expertise with maintaining and configuring data engineering and ETL tools (e.g., Azure Data Factory, SSIS) and Azure networking is a distinct advantage
- Certification on Microsoft Azure cloud (Engineering, Architecture or Administration) is a distinct advantage
work as a team