Senior GIS Specialist job from Virnirma Consulting Pvt Ltd. in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Sunday 13th, June 2021
VAM Systems is currently looking for Senior GIS Specialist for our Bahrain operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions:
Senior GIS Specialist is responsible to manage GIS Projects, support GIS Operations, perform GIS data analysis, create data conversion procedures and monitor data quality.
- Minimum 10 years to 15 years progressive experience in GIS Applications, Spatial Data Management / GIS Projects / GIS Operations in enterprise organization.
Educational Qualification & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in GIS, Computer Science/IT, or a related field
- PMP or PRINCE 2 Certification preferred
- GIS Certifications Preferred
- Proficient skill in cartography as well as coordinate systems and projections.
- ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop v10x (ArcMap, ArcCatalog)
- Attention to details and experience with QA/QC and data analysis
- Strong knowledge and experience with current Esri software offerings in the areas of desktop, server, and online technologies.
- Working knowledge of CAD software packages (AutoCAD & MicroStation).
- Previous experience in data conversion and experience with GIS data and CAD data integration.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to accurately match customer requirements with appropriate Esri technologies. Self-motivated, proactive, creative, and team oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple activities/projects simultaneously.
- Specialization in ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of products
- Experience in SDLC, Project Management, Operation Management
- Skills in user requirement analysis, design, development, testing and documentation
- Expertise in RDBMS such as Oracle
- Highly proficient in Technical writing.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Developing GIS policies and procedures.
- Designing and implementing organization-wide GIS standards.
- Monitoring performance against plans and establishing resolution actions for any variances from plans.
- Coordinating GIS-related activities with user departments.
- Providing technical and project management support.
- Revise existing GIS layers and create new layers following established standards and procedures
- Will create high quality maps, GIS analysis, and data
- Develops and maintains QA and QC procedures for all GIS related activities.
- Providing support for cartographic design and high quality map production.
- Maintain metadata and best practices to support systems and data
- Assist in the development and design of the GIS database.
- Assist in the development of all required database documentation.
- Perform Spatial and Data Analyst tasks.
- Using GIS systems to edit data create reports and generate maps.
- Assist in the maintenance and preparation all field survey data for inclusion to GIS database.
- Ensure and develop procedures for QC and QA of all data to be included into the GIS database. This includes, but is not limited to, topology correction, real world logic, accuracy and completeness of both spatial and attributes information.
- Provides technical support to the operational functions.
- Review appropriateness and preparation of external data for GIS inclusion
- Recommending and, where appropriate, developing GIS and related training programs.
- Providing an interface between GIS staff and consulting professionals working within the organization.
- Coordinating and leading GIS initiatives with external organizations.
- Evaluating technological advances and promoting the usage of appropriate technology and application.
- Expertise in Esri ArcGIS Server Technologies and GIS Architecture
- All other duties as assigned
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: 4 weeks (maximum 6 weeks).
The selected candidates shall join VAM Systems – Bahrain and shall be deputed to one of the leading Government Organizations in Bahrain.
GIS Applications, Spatial Data Management, GIS Projects