Business Analyst job from HSBC Bank in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 13th, August 2021
Some careers open more doors than others
Business Analyst, Global Publishing Services Global Publishing Services (GPS) is the HSBC Group's publishing centre of excellence specialising in web content management, design execution, document formatting and digitisation. We are located in China, Egypt, Philippines and Sri Lanka. Job description
The Business Analyst is responsible to manage and execute analysis activity for one or more programmes and project management. The role holder will be allocated in projects as well as in established BAU teams. It is possible that the Business Analyst will work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Gather and analyse business process requirements to support various digital streamlining initiatives to come up with new recommendations or solutions on behalf of the business.
- Assisting in the implementation of solutions, managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Work with both the project team and relevant business lines to ensure current processes and future requirements are fully understood and documented, and that changes to these as a result of the project are clearly communicated.
- During the implementation phase, work together with Quality Assurance Specialists in preparation of test scripts and scenarios against the documented requirements as well as the training, management and support in execution of the new business solutions in progress. Effectively manage stakeholder communication through professional and timely responses to questions, concerns and escalations.
- Post-secondary education - either at the degree level or a relevant professional diploma or certificate
- 3+ years relevant work experience in leading and delivering projects
- Experience in project management, including planning and business focused consultancy.
- Comfortable working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Able to work as part of a team with good people skills and an enthusiasm for teamwork
- Structured, systematic working style.
- Positive attitude and keen to learn Strong stakeholder management,
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, English verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PPT, Project)
- Strong attention to detail under pressure, ability to plan and organise workload to meet deadlines, taking into account relative priorities
- Experience managing a team Must be able to work independently.
- Must have strong problem solving skills, analytical skills and be self-directed.
- Maintains composure and professionalism in a fast-paced work atmosphere
- Available to work overtime on weeknights and weekends if necessary
- Flexibility in working different shifts when necessary
Vice President - Human Resources, HSBC Electronic Data Processing Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, 439 Sri Jayawardenapura Mawatha, Welikada, Rajagiriya, Sri Lanka.
Please be aware that job offers have been made by unauthorized persons claiming to represent HSBC via, including but not limited to, emails or social networking services. They would typically purport to offer a position at HSBC in return for a fee and/or payment. If you receive such a message or an offer, please do not respond or share any personal information and refrain from making any payments. HSBC shall not assume any responsibilities for any offers made by such unauthorized persons.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Flexibility in working different shifts when necessary
Must have strong problem solving skills
analytical skills and be self-directed.