Senior Specialist / Technical Specialist - DC Virtualisation job from HCL Technologies Lanka (Private) Limited in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Wednesday 7th, July 2021
- Installation and configuration of VMWare ESX/i Host Server.
- Virtual Center Installation \ Upgrade
- Excellent understanding of ESXi Hosts Upgrade from 5.5 to 6.0 or 6.0 to 6.5\6.7 or Patch Update for ESXi Hosts
- VM Performance Related Issues troubleshooting via Putty using ESXtop commands and analysis. Unexpected ESXi Host down issues RCAs.
- Storage I/O related issues troubleshooting and analysis
- Deep Knowledge of Issue Management and troubleshooting on VMware ESX/i server, Virtual machines through Virtual Center Server or VI clients.
- Excellent understanding of VMWare concepts, resource management frameworks like the creation of resource pools, adding VMs into resource pools and prioritizing resource allocations.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining VMware HA, DRS clusters and vMotion.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like configuration of DB Switches, port groups, NIC Teaming and VLANs.
- VMware Infrastructure- OS and application Installations, User Creations, File Permissions, Performance Monitoring and maintenance of day-day activities.
- Patch Management of ESX/i Hosts using VMware Update Manager (VUM).
- Extensive experience working with vMotion and Storage vMotion technologies.
- Managing Hardware related issues – Vendor coordination, Firmware Related issues analysis\testing\deployment
- Handling various servers like Dell PowerEdge OR HP ProLiant DL580\380 G7\G8\G9, BL 685 G7\G8\G8 OR IBM XSeries.
(1.) To provide support for on-call escalations and doing root cause analysis of the given issue
(2.) To independently resolve tickets within the agreed SLA of ticket volume and time
(3.) To adhere to quality standards, regulatory requirements and company policies
(4.) Work on value-adding activities such as Knowledge base update & management, Training freshers, coaching analysts
(5.) To ensure positive customer experience and CSAT through First Call Resolution and minimum rejected resolutions / Reopen Cases
good team player skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English