Head of Group Financial Accounting and Reporting job from Dialog Axiata PLC in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Wednesday 22nd, April 2020
Dialog Axiata is one of the largest mobile telecommunication companies in Sri Lanka with a vision to be the undisputed leader in the provision of multi-sensory connectivity.
Our parent company Axiata is one of the largest telecommunications companies in Asia with the fastest growing Asian footprints and a vision of becoming a regional champion. Advancing Asia is Axiata's goal and will achieve this through bringing affordable connectivity, innovative technology and world class talent to the entire region.strong
- Direct the unit to record financial transactions in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and other applicable regulations to ensure compliance. Establish and maintain financial controls within the group to ensure adherence to internal and external compliance requirements.
- Provide accounting advice and partner with business teams for accurate decision making purposes.
- Compile and analyse financial information and report them to internal external users for informed and timely decision making
- Formulate the quarterly and annual financial statements including the annual report for the users of the Group’s financial information in order to grasp the company performance Be the centre of excellence of the Group in order to ensure control, compliance and provide technical knowhow to relevant parties. Direct the reconciliation process for Bank accounts, Vendors, Debtors, Credit Cards etc. in order to identify un-reconcilable items. Identify and ensure the respective departments are informed to take corrective actions in order to reconciling items. Identify and escalate deviations from the set financial controls and ensure necessary corrective actions are taken in order to ensure strict adherence and compliance Control the company assets and develop a methodology to ensure timely recording of transactions, accurate valuation of assets and inventories are recorded as per the Sri Lankan Financial Reporting Standards (SLFRS) in order to adhere to internal and external compliance requirements Develop a mechanism in order to identify and manage business risks in accordance with Principles of managing risks defined in Axiata ERM framework in order to create a risk free wo
- rking environment.
- Implement an effective Insurance scheme for the Group to mitigate risk and manage the risk in best possible way
- Enforce a strict adherence to Process controls and compliance of Dialog Group with regard to internal (Group policies and procedures) and external (Group Financial Processes and Policies - GFPP, Sri Lankan Financial Reporting Standards - SLFRS and other regulatory requirements) compliance requirements.
- Propose Tax recommendations, direct the Tax Planning process and ensure Tax Administration is done by the unit for the Dialog Group in order to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Implement a mechanism in order to report financial and non-financial information on a timely and accurate manner to senior management and Axiata for well informed decision making.
- Qualified in CIMA/ ACCA / Charted Accountancy/ General MBA
- Technical knowledge on the Financial Accounting & reporting / Insurance & risk management & reporting / Local tax regulations
- 10 years experience in relevant field
Local tax regulations
Technical knowledge on the Financial Accounting Reporting
reporting / Insurance
Insurance & risk management