Chief Law Officer job from Peoples Bank in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 9th, July 2021
The People's Bank, a premier bank in Sri Lanka with the largest customer base providing innovative financial solutions to its diversified clientele for over five decades and as a conducive environment for those who strive to achieve excellence and believe in professionalism. The bank is looking for a talented & dynamic individual to fill the following vacancy.
Reporting to the Chief Law Officer the responsibilities of Additional Chief Law Officer shall include but not limited to discharging the duties and functions of the Legal Department. In addition, the Additional Chief Law Officer shall;
- Attend to all legal requirements of the Bank including litigation.
- Ensure that agreements are entered into by the Bank are in line with approvals obtained and that legal requirements are met. Engage and deal with lawyers representing customers
- Ensure that there is a robust mechanism for execution of mortgages across the country to support all the branches and credit divisions of the Bank Safeguard the Bank through proper legal advice in documentation as well as in new products, services and processes
- Ensure that service standards that are agreed with business support units are met by the legal department
- Should be an Attorney-at-Law and Notary Public with a minimum of 10 years in the legal field Out of the total experience of 10 years at least 3 years should be in the financial industry
- Bachelor of Law/Master's degree in Law/Post Graduate Qualification would be an added advantage.
- Should be a citizen of Sri Lanka.
- Should be a team player with strong interpersonal social skills, exposure to debt/equity-related transactions, proven managerial and analytical skills, ability to work under pressure, fluency in English and Sinhala languages with computer literacy.
- A disciplined and amiable personality with a serious commitment towards employment will be suitable for this position.
Age should be above 40 years and below 55 years as of the closing date of applications.
Method of Selection
Shortlisted applicants based on the stipulated qualifications and experience will be called for an interview.
Conditions of Employment
This will be a Corporate Management position (equivalent to the grade of Deputy General Manager) on a contract basis and performance will be evaluated annually.
An attractive and negotiable remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
Please send details of achievements and experience relevant to the job applied for together with your curriculum vitae along with copies of certificates and contact numbers of two non-related referees.
Good team player skills
Should be an Attorney-at Law and Notary Public with a minimum of 10 years in the legal field experiences
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English