Business Development Executive job from Cabbage Apps in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Thursday 25th, June 2020
Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Business Development Executive will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and in person. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to other team members
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Ensure followup by passing leads to appropriate team members with callstoaction, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Make outbound followup calls to existing clients via telephone and email crosssell and upsell.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
Expectations from a candidate
- University or college degree in Communications, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity for Software Development category
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects, close deals, and achieve sales quotas
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software.
About Cabbage Apps
Why Cabbage Apps
- You'll be learning in and outs of management of a company
- We are a relatively young company and therefore there are tons of opportunity to grow
- You will have flexible working arrangements to increase productivity
- You will get an opportunity to network with the Startup Eco-system and Business communities to improve your network
How we work:
- High caliber team - We love to work with smart people
- Focus - Based on your skills and interests you'll work in a team focused on Operational Excellence or Innovation
- Independence - You'll get all the latitude and freedom to find your ideal approach to problems. No micromanagement here
- Growth - Bi-weekly we'll teach each other about what we've learned recently
- Tools based - We use Notion, AirTable, Miro, Hubstaff and state of the art tools in order to automate most of the work we do
Strong written communication skills.
Excellent listening skills.
Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills.
time management skill
work as a team