Senior Software Support Engineer job from ICT Agency of Sri Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 16th, July 2021
SENIOR SOFTWARE SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Provide 2nd level technical production software support for users and citizens.
- Work with ICTA's Helpdesk (1st line support) and software engineers (3rd line support) to diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve systems issues.
- Partner with Product/Project Management to consult on new features and areas for improvement related to the issues you encounter.
- Experience communicating and problem solving with stakeholders such as engineering, QA, and product.
- An ability to prioritize urgent tasks based on user/citizen needs and your day to day responsibilities.
- Convey resolutions to users via emails and phone calls with a blend of patience, wit, and crystal-clear communication.
- QA to troubleshoot ticketing systems and escalate product-related bugs in a proactive manner.
- Identify and summarize trends among users.
- Gather data to work with the Software
- Support team in order to move forward with a plan when diagnosing intermediate to advanced technical issues involving software applications and interfaces.
- Proactively identify ways to make your job easier and our users' lives happier, such as collecting information and documenting bugs for product issues that are impacting users.
- Maintain support documentation and contribute to the Knowledge Base on how to respond to common failure scenarios.
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT or equivalent qualifications related to the field from a recognized university/institution.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant hands-on experience.
- Experience working on a distributed team setting, where ICTA's 1st Line Helpdesk and third-party vendors' 2nd level support operations function from different locations.
- Experience working with an RDBMS.
- Ability to teach and explain technical topics.
- Related experience working directly with customers in a technical role.
- Excitement to support and influence a growing product with customer needs.
- The selected candidates will get the opportunity to be part of
- Drive to explore new technical topics and talk about your findings.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment, collaborating with other engineering teams.
- Client and Citizen-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proactive and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.