SENIOR ENGINEER, WINDOWS job from London Stock Exchange Group in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Saturday 2nd, May 2020
- Troubleshooting SMS Client connectivity and package installation issues by analyzing corresponding logs.
- Level III support to troubleshoot deployment issues, desktop software conflicts and client health issues.
- security updates using SCCM Software Update Point (SUP) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- test and deployed packages for corporate software and third-party vendors to a global environment of 1000 + servers
- Windows workstation patches.
- packages, collections and advertisements for software deployments.
- tools to easily repair WMI and SCCM clients remotely.
- with application owners and business relation managers to gather requirements for application deployments.
- Core Server systems from 2008 R2 to Windows 2012
- to troubleshoot all aspects of SCCM effectively and understand the product flow patch management, software distribution and logging in detail.
- monthly reporting of patching activity; work with local teams to resolve patching issues
- (monitor, support, prevent, maintain, fix, improve) the virtual and physical VMware & HP blade infrastructure
- project support as required
- shift & weekend coverage and on call where required
Candidate profile / Key skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar technical field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience
- Microsoft System Center Configurations Manager 2012 Knowledge
- Virtualization technologies (VMware /Hyper-V)
- HP servers incl. HP Blades/c7000 enclosures,
- Excellent investigation and troubleshooting skills of complex issues
- Capability to determine and highlight risks (migration risks, design risks etc.) to Management
- Scripting skills (Power Shell)
- Operating System knowledge (Windows Server 2008/2012
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to look past the obvious to understand any situation in its entirety
- Ability to take direction from others when needed and not afraid to ask for help
- Ability to learn new concepts and products with ease and enjoys the challenge of developing something unfamiliar
- Ability to think quickly and significantly and look for alternative solutions in significant situations
- Displays initiative in continuously improving work processes and quality of output
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly at a technical and non-technical level
- Ability to document activities in a clear and concise manner
- Well-adapted and highly organized
- Ability to work under stress to meet meaningful deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Dedicated in working within an ITIL environment.
Ability to communicate clearly at a technical and non-technical level
Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
work as a team