Senior Engineer - Database Administration job from London Stock Exchange Group in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 19th, June 2020
- Develop and maintain database build standards for Sybase, including how applications should be installed for both client access and server.
- Monitor and manage database resources (disk space, event logs, etc.) and applications that require the database.
- Undertake maintenance and upgrades, generally out of normal business hours including weekends.
- Provide database design support to development projects.
- Write ad-hoc queries as requested by users and/or developers.
- Review all database application code and write stored procedures.
- Release all database objects to non-production and production environments.
- Manage and maintain the source code control system for the database objects.
Minimum Requirements / Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline
- Minimum of 04 years of Core MS SQL Server DBA experience
- Sybase DBA experience is a plus.
- Able to Work on UNIX environment
- Experience working with Veritas clustering is preferable
- Good listening skills and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Good organizational skills
Good listening skills
Good organizational skills
Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
Problem-solving and good analytical skills
Good written and verbal communication skills