Manager – Senior Quality Checker job from HSBC Bank in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 9th, July 2021
Manager – Senior Quality Checker
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
About HSBC - Global Service Centres
Our Global Service Centres are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centres and digital platforms.
Employees in the Global Service Centres also run and manage operations for commercial bank customers. This includes processing credit applications, facilitating payments and managing the import and export transactions that enable customers to protect and grow their businesses through international trade
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manager – Senior Quality Checker (Global Career Band 6)
In this role:
The Manager - Senior QC will
- Be responsible for reviewing risk related responses received for Third Party Engagements
- Ensure that responses meet the standards of HSBC (these are pre-defined)
- Perform independent quality assurance on control tasks to ensure they have been assessed accurately,
- Perform a detailed review of the Residual Risk Questionnaires received from external third parties, reviewing responses and evidence against defined quality standards, coordinating remediation activity between third party, TPEM, Case Advisor and other internal parties
- Perform independent quality assurance on Control tasks that have been completed by the TPEM or Case Advisor to ensure they have been completed to the required TPM and category standards
- Documenting findings from the quality assurance reviews
- Build an understanding of the engagement, the business and the risks associated to engagement categories
- Working with Stakeholders to communicate the feedback and provide clear guidance on how to remediate
- Identifying consistent areas of failure and supporting the solution of continuous improvement to improve right-first-time measures
- Seeking guidance from the Hub SME or other internal parties as required
- Escalate any issues in a timely manner to your Team Lead or Subject Matter expert
Leadership & Teamwork
- Works collaboratively and communicates persuasively, emphasizing teamwork, diversity, and knowledge-sharing
- Work with Case Advisor peers in all Hubs locations to ensure consistency and to promote a continuous improvement environment
- Maintain transparent communication channels with all relevant stakeholders
- Promptly respond to requests from stakeholders in relation to risk management actions, tasks and quality of outputs
- Ensures that they have completed the appropriate training to be proficient in the role
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Prior quality assurance or audit experience, ideally within the context of third party or risk management
- Strong relationship management experience
- A good understanding and experience of the Global Businesses and Global Functions within a Bank.
- Prior Third Party Risk Management related operational risk experience with a financial institution or at a regulatory agency or major consulting firm would be desirable
- Prior experience in a risk management environment, ideally specific 3rd Party Risk Management
- Demonstrable examples of team work and collaboration with internal and external customers
- Attention to detail and proactive awareness of internal and external policies
- Have excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills with peers, subordinates and suppliers
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment within the region and knowledge of 3rd party risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficient in MS tools
- A good understanding of 1 or more Risk Domains is desirable (providing support and guidance to business functions);
- Resilience Risk (Buildings, Business Continuity, Information & Cyber, Physical Security, Transaction Processing)
- People Risk,
- Legal Risk,
- Financial Crime and Fraud Risk (Anti-Bribery & Corruption), Anti Money Laundering, Sanctions, Internal Fraud)
- Financial Reporting and Tax Risk,
- Regulatory Compliance Risk,
- Strategic (Reputational) Risk,
- Model Risk
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Academic qualification: Bachelor’s degree or demonstration of relevant industry experience
- The HUB will support global businesses and functions, the ability to converse fluently in more than 1 language is desirable.
- Experience of Centre’s of Excellence or Global Service Centers in the context of large global organizations
- We want everyone to be able to fulfill their potential, which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
Strong relationship management experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficient in MS tools
Have excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills