Head of Credit job from Sarvodaya Development Finance Limited in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Friday 9th, July 2021
- Responsible to implement the Credit Management Framework for the lending products in line with the risk appetite and strategy of the company.
- Establish compliance with the governance framework provided by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
- Establish effective credit control processes and operations to ensure compliance with the credit risk guidelines.
- Approve and review lending products and maintain a quality lending portfolio.
- Exercise sound judgment when approving credit under delegated lending limits to ensure good quality assets are booked Keep credit losses and collection/recovery costs at a minimum level Improve credit quality by drawing observations from intake of non-performing advances, disseminate the lending points through training opportunities and lessons learned
- Balance the requirement of growth and the bank's conservative credit culture
- University Degree or a full professional qualification from a recognized institution in the field of Finance, Business Management or Economics Diploma in Credit Management from a recognized institution would be a distinct advantage
- 12-15 years overall experience in a Credit Risk Management Function.
- Possess strong analytical skills, finance, and accounting knowledge
- Ability to think outside the box, work independently and be solution-oriented
- Understand the macroeconomic landscape, market trends, and how these will impact the Company's Risk Profile
- A Strong orientation of Portfolio and Data Analytics for business-driven decisions.
- Strategic thinking and change management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid team management skills.
- Attention to detail and foresight to mitigate risks.
Solid team management skills.
Ability to think outside the box
A Strong orientation of Portfolio and Data Analytics for business-driven decisions
Strategic thinking and change management skills.
Excellent communication skills.