ENGINEER ANALYTICS AND DATA SCIENCE job from London Stock Exchange Group in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Saturday 2nd, May 2020
- Collecting necessary operational data for improving stability, reducing operational risk and improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that appropriate technology is instrumented for analytics. These include access to current systems whilst extracting and consuming provided data sets.
- Publishing periodic reports, pattern recognition working with infrastructure and development support to influence and prioritise opportunities to improve availability.
- Hands on analytical capabilities and understanding of basic principles of data, statistics and mathematics.
Candidate profile / Key skills
- Degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Computer Science.
- Data science and Machine learning
- Hands on knowledge and use of industry leading tools like Microsoft Power BI.
- Hands on knowledge of use of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana or SPLUNK etc.
- Python programming
- SPL & No SQL programming
- Understanding of emerging technologies – specifically – visualisation, NLP, correlations. Learning, AI etc.
- Understanding of ITSM
- Understanding Capital Markets, general financial markets, operations or technology.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication/relationship building skill.
- Ability to deploy resources as appropriate/required based on requirement.
- Ability to work on own initiative to provide solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new and changing responsibilities.
- Continuous improvement, training and development.
- Willingness to learn and adapt knowledge base to different product areas/skills.
- Flexibility with working hours (cross time zones).
Understanding Capital Markets, general financial markets, operations or technology
Strong analytical skills.
Good communication/relationship building skill.